Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fourth Meeting

1. Looking back at the list of your positive characteristics and qualities, what do you feel and realize about it?I feel great knowing that I'm that person with many good qualities. I became aware of the attitudes that I need to improve and develop. I also realize that every quality of a person is very important, this will enable a person to become what he wanted to be.2. The Golden Rule says, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."a. Given the following situations, how would you like to be treated by your teachers and schoolmates:-when you have given wrong answers to the questions during recitation;It would be a very embarassing moment for me if that would happen. Of course I want my mentor not to embarass me as well as with my classmates but instead to tell me the correct answer in a nice way.- when you are expressing your opinion during class or group discussion; I will share with them my opinions its up to my groupmates if they are going to accept my opinions. But of course I want my opinion to be respected and in return I will also respect others opinions. - when you are giving suggestions during group work or presentation;I also want them to respect my suggestions.- when you commit mistake;I'm actually afraid of commiting mistakes because I always think that people will laugh at me and I really have a hard time to forget the time that people will make fun of me. I really hate that!- when you don't like doing what they ask you to do;I will tell tem honestly that I dont want to do what they want me to do but on the other hand i am working with a group I will help them. maybe it's time for me to do the things that I dont like. - when they want to give you comments or suggestions?It's good to know that people around me are giving comments or suggestions it only proves that they are concern with my welfare. I accept it wether their comments are bad or good. b. Considering the given ideas on how to treat others with restpect what can you commit to yourself in terms of dealing with the MCL commmunity: teachers, students, employees, security, maintenance/janitors and canteen personnel?Respect is a very important value to every person. I will respect their personalities so that they will also respect as a student here at MCL. I will also respect different rules and regulations of this community. I will respect all as a part of this college.

No comments: